Thursday, August 9, 2012

Easy Hard Boiled Eggs


So one of my favorite things that I have learned from Pinterest, and make on a regular basis, is hard boil eggs in the oven. Technically it is not hard-boiled, I'd say hard-baked, but the effect is the same and they are so good and a million times easier.


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place eggs in muffin tins (help keep them from rolling around but probably      not necessary)
Bake for 25-30 minutes (I do 27)
Take out and let them cool
Enjoy

You can cook as many as you want. Also it's better if the eggs are not really fresh, maybe a little closer to the expiration date rather than the day you bought them, this makes them easier to peel. If your muffin tin is older or hard to clean you may get little speckles on them but it's ok.

This method makes hard-boiled eggs so convenient. I can make multiple at a time without having to bring a pot to boil, then remove from heat and cover and set a timer and then place in ice bath, etc. I typically let them cool down a little bit then put them in a bowl or open tupperware in the fridge so I can grab one to enjoy whenever I feel like it.

I made these (pictured above) for Day 2 of the "3 Day Military Diet" You can read about it on the post prior to this one

No comments:

Post a Comment