Sunday, November 11, 2012

Motivation to Run Again


Well it took awhile but I finally went on a run again today. I did 2.5 miles (not bad for the first time in months) and at a better pace than usual. The first mile felt really good but the second one wasn't too bad. I can definitely tell that doing BodyRock on a regular basis has made a difference in my run. My muscles felt good and strong it is more of a matter of getting my breathing back in running shape. It was also the most perfect fall day today so that helped I think.

What helped me the most today was just saying "it's ok if I just do 1 mile and come home." Reassuring myself that it was ok to just go out and give it a try took off a the pressure and the dread of going on a run. If I get out there and just do it I'll usually do more than a mile. If you allow yourself to take baby steps it takes away that guilt if you decide to, or can only do, the minimum.

Some things that may help:

I mean... how can you not?


I'm letting go of the guilt for having stopped running but I am going to work on it and get it back and do my best to maintain from here on out.


Charity Miles app donates to the charity of your choice when you run, walk, or bike! The app tracks how far you run and a corporate sponsor donates $.25 per mile ran and $.10 biked to your charity of choice. Click here for more info


So this idea is one of the main things that got be motivated to make a change in my life. I've seen it written a few different ways but this idea regularly motivates me. I am in charge of my body and I am going to make it how I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment