Thursday, November 29, 2012

Getting Back on Track


Ok. It has taken me a couple days to write this post and come to accept that the week of traveling and visiting family bucked me off the wagon. It is no one's fault but my own, I accept that. I am happy to say I did manage a run while I was visiting home but afterward the food and laziness took over.  I gained 2 pounds (way better than the usual 8 or so of the holidays so that's a positive I guess). I have fallen but I will get back up! I am starting fresh tomorrow morning... I know I know, I should start today/right now... but tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. No waiting around until Monday and if I put this out there to the world then I better follow through.

My new perspective on this is that there will be set backs along the way, they are not failures. Failure would be to let it derail good intentions so much so that I'd be are back at square one, no longer motivated, and feeling ashamed and regretting what I could have accomplished. In the past I would have continued to eat crap and stop working out for another few months. Not this time. Even though I gained 2 pounds that's still less than where I started. I still have a lot of the muscle and strength from BodyRocking. If I can get motivated again now I will just continue my journey to a healthier, fitter, leaner appearance and life with just a few minor hiccups here and there. I have been going through my list of re-motivating techniques here and will update the blog soon with some new recipes and other stuff.
Found this today (11/30, after my work out woot woot) and thought it was very fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment