Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sweet and Savory Crusted Brussels Sprouts


More Brussels Sprouts! 

So I made brussels sprouts again because I am obsessed. These were so good and the crumb topping was awesome. Here are the quick and easy directions... if you want just normal baked ones go here

Ingredients
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Olive oil
  •  1 slice whole wheat bread (1 slice for every 12 or so sprouts)
  • Melted butter or margarine (about 1/4 cup)
  • Flavor of choice: I added about 2 Tbsp Blackberry Jam so a little sweet and savory
  • Parmesan cheese. I just use the crumbly stuff that comes in the shaker
  • Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
Directions
  • Heat oven to 425
  • Rinse, trim ends, and cut brussels sprouts in half
  • Place in pan and coat with olive oil and seasoning. Turn cut side down
  • Bake with cut side down for 10 minutes
  • While they are baking make your crumb topping:
    • If you have a food processor you can use that but I just took off the crust and rolled the piece of bread between my hands until they fell apart into little crumbs.
    • Add melted butter or margarine, a few good shakes of parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp of jam.
    • Mix together
  • Once they have cooked for 10 minutes pull out, flip so they are cut side up and add packed spoonfuls of topping to each one. I used my hands because it was easier that way
  • Bake for another 10 minutes
  • Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment