Friday, March 29, 2013

2nd BodyRock 30 Day Challenge - Week 3


Alright so I am going strong with this 30 Day Challenge as I near the end of week 3... For anyone keeping track I did take a week off because of travel so technically I would be on week 4 but I just started fresh Monday with theWeek 3 Fit Test.

I do have to admit that I have been making some variations. A lot of this month's (BodyRock February 2012 30 Day Challenge Start Here) challenge is pyramid style reps. I am not a fan and if I did all of the repetitions it would take me 40+ minutes. If you don't know what I'm talking about it goes like this: They give you 4-5 work outs and you do 10 reps of each, then on the next round you do 9 of each, then so on and so forth until you do 1 of each and you are done. It shouldn't take that long but it does. My solution... I am not going to lift weights/do resistance reps for 40 minutes so I just set a timer for 20 min or so and see how far up the pyramid I can make it. I would probably see more results if I did the whole work out but I figure I am also running occasionally now and 20 minutes is still pretty darn good vs nothing. If you have been frustrated with the rep/pyramid style work out too maybe that will work for you as well.

So speaking of running, and working out too I guess, I have realized how well my body has been able to get back to it. Even though I was dragging on that first day fit test I have been able to get back to doing most of my push ups normally and not on my knees. I also only started running again about 3 weeks ago and I was able to do 4 miles without stopping  the other day so I am feeling good. On a side note.... there are zero hills here so I am wondering how much of that has to do with being able to bounce back with the running, hmmm? Oh well!

I have started to see some changes in my body as well. Some of the definition is coming back now if only spot treating fat worked... it doesn't, no matter many how magazine ads or things say otherwise. If I could spot treat my love handles I would be all over it.

So to recap I am feeling good, almost done with week 3 so have just another week+ to go. I have no been as good with eating habits as the first 30 Day Challenge but I am still sticking with it and doing ok. Anyone else doing BodyRock??? A challenge?

My Motivation Today... Lose fat everywhere and I will lose it here... damn you love handles!


No comments:

Post a Comment