Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Halloween Ghost Craft

So this is my first post that is non food/fitness/health related... time to craft!! I like crafting occasionally but I'm not the most artistically inclined so you probably won't see many of my projects on here. However, I have made these for many Halloweens since about 12 years old. I'm also pretty sure I came up with this idea myself although I'm sure others have done this before, I will ask my Mama to verify that. 

This craft is super easy, (older) kid friendly (or with supervision because of scissors/permanent marker), and you probably already have everything you need at home! 


What You Will Need:

  • White trash bags (13 gallon is what I used)
  • Scissors
  • Scotch tape (or other clear tape)
  • Permanent marker 
  • Floss, string, or fishing line
  • Something to crumple into ball.. grocery bags, newspaper, etc.


For these you can either make small ones like I have pictured or larger ones. 1 Trash bag can either be 1 large ghost or two smaller ghosts. If you want larger ones follow all the steps except for the second bullet. 


What to do:

  • Get white trash bag and if there is a draw string cut it off
  • For two smaller ghosts cut bag in half.... cut along sides and then bottom. I have the bags that have seams along the side/bottom which make it easy. You will now have two squares.

What one square (half of bag) will look like 
  • Crumple something into a ball about the size of a grapefruit. (I used two Safeway grocery bags they are white and I rolled them up so all the red writing was hidden... yes I have reusable grocery bags but I tend to forget them at home.. I'm sorry!!) You can use whatever you want but if it's mostly white or a light color it's better so you can't see writing through your ghost/trash bag
  • Cover your crumpled ball with your square and use scotch tape to secure the neck. You could also tie it with string but I like using tape so I don't have to go completely around the head and can just pull the front around to the back and secure it. 
  • Cut off any pieces from bottom of ghost body to shape it how you'd like. Like I said my bag had seams so I cut those off.

  • Make a small hole in the back/top of your ghost and put a long piece of string or floss through. Length depends on how much you want you ghost to swing around and where you are hanging it. This can be done using a needle, or if you are creative you can wrap floss around a stick and punch it through to get it to the other side (haha this was the one tricky part for me) 
This is how I strung it (and there is my cat who liked the floss)
  • Fun part! Using a permanent marker make fun ghost faces
  • Hang on house, trees, in windows, where ever you'd like. 
Booooooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment