Friday, September 14, 2012

3 Day Diet Completed and 30 Day Challenge Update


Alright so this morning I woke up and weighed myself just to see how realistic the 3 Day Military Diet really was and... I lost 3 pounds. So this diet is definitely far from a miracle diet, which I had doubted but was curious to see the results. I followed everything strictly to the diet except I had coffee (with a little tiny splash of fat free milk) each morning. I highly doubt this made the difference of 7 pounds. However, this does say you can lose UP TO 10 pounds in 3 days. Although it's probably unlikely it may be possible. I don't have a ton of weight to lose so maybe if I was much heavier I would have lost more. I do have to say I really liked eating real ice cream guilt free the past three nights as it was part of the diet. I think the point is healthy portions and everything in moderation. The diet for the tree days was around 800-1100 calories each day. If I were doing that daily it's perfectly acceptable to work in some ice cream.

I am taking this as a good jumping off point for continued healthy eating. Even though I am not on the diet I had a hard boiled egg and half a banana for breakfast. For lunch I had a good sized slice of cheddar cheese, 4 pieces of turkey meat and carrots, I really enjoyed it too! I rarely buy full-fat dairy products so that is a treat, like I said, everything in moderation

As for the BodyRock.tv 30 Day Challenge, it is going great! The work outs are a really doable amount of time and they give you tips on how to modify it if you're not quite at the level yet at which they are doing them. I just got done with Day 4! The next two days are active rest days so I plan to work in some running (it's been awhile), cleaning up around the house, and other things to stay active. Please let me know if you decide to do this too and keep me updated on how you're doing and what you think. I have been finding different ways to do the exercises that require their equipment by using things around the house. I needed a small weight but only had 10 lb hand weights so I taped two cans together! They worked perfectly for the exercises that called for multiple reps with a lighter weight and for a work out today where they used their equalizer bar to balance when doing squats!


No comments:

Post a Comment