Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gluten Free Oat Flour Pancakes


I bought some oat flour and wanted to experiment with it. The following is my recipe for Gluten Free Oat Flour Pancakes. I found some recipes and changed them based on what I had. The end product was pretty good. If you aren't counting calories or anything they probably would have been awesome slathered in butter and syrup! But without that they were a tad dry so I may tweak them a bit on the next go around. *Update: someone suggested adding mashed banana to add some healthy moisture!

**I read somewhere that if you buy store bought oat flour there may be trace amounts of gluten from it being processed in the factory. You can make your own with a food processor from oats or you can buy certified gluten free if you are worried about it/have Celiac's. It doesn't make a difference to me so I used store bought organic oat flour

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup Oat Flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp fat free milk
  • 1 tsp brown sugar (probably could use a little more for a sweeter pancake)
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

  • Turn pan onto medium-low and if your pan sticks put a little oil/spray  in it (mine is pretty non-stick so I left it alone). Add all ingredients into bowl and whisk together. Makes two small/medium pancakes
  • Topping: Add a splash of water, frozen mixed berries, and about a half packet of Stevia (could use sugar or agave too) and simmer until you get a soft berry topping.

And with topping, mmm :)


No comments:

Post a Comment